Zinc Announced Today Its Spring Jazz Series Lineup
NEW YORK, NY – February 23, 2019 – Zinc is announcing the s
The programs consist of Piano Jazz, Guitar Masters, Trumpet Masters, Percussion Masters, Boss Tenors, and Vocal Mania. The latter is also running concurrently on the West Coast, with performances held at Vitello’s Jazz and Supper Club in Studio City, CA.
In addition to
All these performances will continue to be a regular feature at the Zinc throughout the spring months.
“These programs have met with such enthusiastic response from our audiences because each one features world-class musicians,” said In Touch’s CEO, Charles Carlini.
“Given the rich repertoire of our spring series, we are confident they will continue to be very successful,” he added.
Some of the artists featured in these series include:
- Piano Jazz: Lynne Arriale will perform on March 22 and Ethan Iverson on May 3-4.
- Trumpet Masters: Alex Sipiagin on March 27, Eddie Henderson on April 26 and Josh Evans on May 30.
- Guitar Masters: Freddie Bryant on April 15 and Mark Elf on May 6.
- Boss Tenors: Gary Thomas on April 12, Craig Handy on May 17 and Lew Tabackin on May 31.
- Percussion Masters: Ralph Peterson Jr. on March 30 and Cyro Baptista on April 13.
- Dangerous Rhythms: Cesar Orozco on March 14.
- Voice Mania NYC: Raul Midón on March 13 and Nellie McKay on April 24.
- Voice Mania West Coast: Paulette McWilliams, April 26.
The choice of Zinc Bar, an iconic club located at 82 W 3rd St in Greenwich Village, was not coincidental. “I’ve had a long association with the Zinc jazz club since its inception in the early 90s. I felt it would be a great venue to launch and test many of these ideas that I’ve been incubating for some time. Plus, its present location was once a place called Club Cinderella, where Billie Holiday and Thelonious Monk used to perform and attracted such celebrities as Mae West and Frank Sinatra.”
Other performances are listed here https://intouchent.com/events.
Vitello’s is at 4349 Tujunga Avenue in Studio City.